Affects Version/s: 4.5.0
Fix Version/s: 4.5.0
Environment:Windows Openfire server, Active Directory
Following the changes in
OF-353 to support multiple LDAP servers, I've found that when Openfire is configured to use 2 LDAP servers, and the first is unreachable (in this case, because I was testing it, and switched that box off in AWS)
Under these conditions, performance is drastically affected.
- Auth to Admin running locally takes around 5s
- The first load of the Users & Groups page takes around 8 minutes (subsequent loads take around 10s)
- Users cannot authenticate via Spark
Guus suggested I reduce the LDAP timeout from the default of 10s. Setting it to 1.5s led to much more favourable (although still slow)
- - 75s to load Users & Groups (4s for subsequent loads)
- User can authenticate via Spark
The user population in these tests was around 15 LDAP users.