So we are well down the path of migrating our community site to discourse. I have done the initial proof of concept with discussions, messages, likes, blog posts, users, and documents migrated into a discourse image on AWS EC2. This issue will track and document things that come up during this migration. Maybe have sub-tasks, I dunno. So the current TODO list is:
- Migrate attachments and inline images from Jive to discourse
- Setup faux community website that will simply HTTP redirect old URIs to the new host, so not to break the entire internet of links.
- Figure out how the old blog RSS feeds will work going forward, ie what's used by Openfire admin console potential blog software
- Setup inbound email processing for discourse
- Google authenticator and resolve how it works for current accounts that already have a gmail address associated with them
- Figure out if the Jive community site can go into 'read-only' mode during the transition.
- Update favicon
Update usernames stored within discourse to better match Jive
- Won't be migrating polls
- double check that I have all content from 'Community Plugins'
- look into issue of posts from some categories being empty
- Figure out how to get markdown table support